We believe that disciplined, elegant, and timeless design is rooted in logic and order, and must be derived from a solid and practical understanding of our client’s needs, regulations, construction, and project delivery. Are these your interests too? Come and join us!
We currently have openings in the following positions:
Intern Architect / Technologist
Education & Credentials:
• Intern Architect or Technologist, registered or eligible for registration with the AIBC.
• 3 years of Canadian architectural in-office experience, preferably in British Columbia.
• Coordinate & Assist with Project Contract, ensure Deliverables are on time and on budget.
• Coordinate & Assist on Project requirements of Clients, Authorities, Company.
• Coordinate & Undertake required Critical Path actions, dates, and persons to solve problems efficiently and quickly.
• Coordinate & Prepare CAD Drawings and 3D Models.
• Coordinate & Prepare Bylaw Research, Architectural Drawings, Construction Details, Contract Documents, Permit Applications, and the like.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Report to Company Owners.
• Demonstrable Understanding of municipal zoning bylaws, building bylaws, Drawing Preparation, and CAD.
• Demonstrable Understanding of wood-frame building technology and construction detailing.
• Demonstrable Proficiency with Applications: Vectorworks, Sketchup, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, MS Office. Capability with AutoCAD and Revit an asset.
• You have innate curiosity. You are eager to engage with ongoing Professional Development and are committed to understanding architectural practice, building technology, deliverables and documents, You always strive to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and excellence in all your work.
• You have superior analytical skills. You are highly organized, and detail and solutions oriented.
• You have superior communication skills. You are clear and concise in all verbal, written, and drawn formats.
• You are accountable. You seek and shoulder responsibility consistently.
• You are personable, flexible, and work well with others. Your good sense of humour helps you in your work.
• You are fluent in English. A second language is an asset.
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience. DGA has a strong Benefits package.
Hours: Full time, 1950 Hours per year.
Start Date: Negotiable.
We look forward to meeting you! Please email your Cover Letter, Resume, and Portfolio in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or drop-in inquiries please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all Applicants for their interest.